So all this talk of relationships and a new school year and new chapters in peoples lives have brought upon me the task of another set of life lessons only this time to include more than just relationship advice lol Lets get started.
1. Yes, this is a repeat, but it cant be stressed enough… Dont, and I repeat, DONT, make someone a priority when you are only an option to them. We are ALL guilty of this, including myself cause it easy to over look. Remember, if you keep God first then everything else will fall in place.
2. Think before you say or do anything. Keeping this in mind will save you alot of drama. If you cant think at the moment, then your best bet is to stop and come back to it later. Being rational in any situation (meaning thinking with a clear head) will make you a better person in the long run.
3. Dont argue with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and kick your ass cause they have more experience at it. When you think about this, you know its true.
4. A vice is not the answer to everything. Drinking and smoking and drugs will not solve your problems. In fact, they are depressants and will make what you are feeling more intense and then you will really dislike yourself for doing so.
5. All relationships are give and take. Dont be one or the other, but be both. Being considerate of the other person’s feelings is key to a healthy relationship. If you ask so much of a person but dont give anything back, you end up hurting them more and trust me, that sucks. There only so many things an apology can cover all the way but this one happens to not fall under it.
6. For everyone’s sake, stop wining and bitching and complaining all the time. Its one thing to vent ever so often and another to seem to suck the happiness out of the atmosphere around you. Seriously, lighten up. Its takes more work to frown than to smile.
7. Be honest with people from the jump. Humoring people is actually cruel. Even worse, when they find out that you are doing that to them. I dont believe you would like to be pulled along on a leash with false hopes, now would you? So what makes you think its ok to do that to another person. Have enough respect for the person and tell them if you are actually interested in them or not. Cause in the end, you make yourself look like an asshole if you dont.
8. Dont be so high and mighty in your own ways that you cant humble yourself. If a person is working hard to break down your walls, you need to have your work gloves on doing the same. Dont ever think that something cant happen to you and you be in the same situation as someone less fortunate. Stay humble and be blessed.
*DISCLAIMER: I am not in support of this what so ever but it needs to be said.*
9. If you are going to cheat, then do it right. Dont get caught because you didnt think things through. Its called a 150%. 100% to your main, and 50% to your side IF that much. Most people get caught cause you slack on your main relationship. Have PLAUSIBLE (meaning realistic) excuses and then dont repeat them too often. “Im working late” is not an excuse when you work at the damn mall and you did inventory last week. Also choose the correct kind of people to cheat with. MAKE SURE THEY KNOW AND RESPECT THEIR PLACE. Tell them from jump street what it is and what it will be and save some of that stupid stuff like confrontations between the two.
*that being said…*
10. If you are the side, TRUST ME, you are NEVER going to be more than that. Your life is not an Avant song. If anything, it will be a Trey Songz one. Dont get mad when he is with his main or you see them together. You know who you are in that game, and obviously, until you are sick of it, you’re not going to get out of it. Bottomline, if you are in this position, dont get your hopes up of being more.
11. If your foundation is built on sand and not on solid ground, it is bound to fall. If the way you started wasnt a good situation to begin with, what in hell makes you think it will be that much better while you are together? I dont understand why we get with people who are still with or talking to someone else. Doesnt that just say that they dont know how to be faithful to one person and they dont know what they want in that aspect of life? Even if they do finally leave the other person alone, what makes you think that they wont do the same to you one day and then the shoe will be on your foot? A good foundation has the makings of great relationship and with a lot less pissed off people involved too.
12. Stop making excuses for people and thinking you are God and try and make folk out of dirt. Sometimes its just not meant to be and letting people just be your friend is maybe what are really meant to be in your life. Trying to change people will really bring bad karma on yourself and everyone usually gets the short end of the stick in those situations. Also realize that you arent being true to yourself if you allow someone to try and do that you as well. Everyone deserves someone who will accept them for them.
13. Being cautious is one thing, but sometimes hesitation can be your own down fall. God puts people in your lives for a reason and if you wait too long, you can miss your own blessings. We have all heard the story of the dude who asked God to help him be rescued from the ocean. Help came and he didnt take it cause he was determined that God would help him and he ended up drowning. When he got to heaven, he asked why didnt He save him. And God answered, “I did, you just didnt relaize it.” Dont be that guy and drown,
14. Take time out to think about yourself and do some soul searching. You will be surprised at what you find out about yourself. Most times you learn a lesson without having to go through a hardship to learn it.
15. I cant stress this enough either: PLEASE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH UP. Go and get checked out and practice safe sex if you are sexually active. So many people our age die because we think it will never happen to us. Knowing for sure that you are clean is the best thing you can tell your partner. Its because I treasure all of my friends is why Im saying this.
16. Sometimes you have to go against the grain to be happy. Everything is sometimes not for everyone. Being different doesnt make you weird or odd. You just have to do you sometimes and disregard the nay sayers.
17. Be a person of action. You can plan and talk about something all day long. However, that will not make you succeed in your endeavors. During that time you talked, you probably could have been done and doing something you wanted to do or just chill. Being productive sometimes requires visible movement in life.
18. Love is not really love until you can say it without anything extra added to it. True love isnt true love until you can do that and it is recipricated back. We confuse infatuation with love everyday and its sad. Learning to truely love someone is an admirable goal rarely reached, but when one succeeds there is no other feeling like it. I wish you luck on this one.
19. Learn to pray for someone. Trust me, it was prayer that got you this far in life. Your family been praying and still are for your success in life. Be a blessing in someone else’s life and make a change for them. You might not support their drinking habits for instance, but making sure they are safe by just driving them home really means more to more people than you think. Giving just for the sake of giving, even to strangers, is good feeling in life.
20. Always find a reason to smile. Even when it hurts, I promise, everything will be ok. Dont ever let someone take your joy away from you or dim your inner light. “Life is still worth wild if you just smile…” -MJ
If I missed anything, just add a comment with it below. I hope these life lesons will help everyone as much as they have helped mine. Sharing wisdom is something we should all do more often lol ^_^ Ran out pf people I could tag so Im not trying to neglect anyone promise. If you agree with whats written, I suggest you share it, repost it, or print it off and hand it out lol